A coach works with clients to regain control of their confidence, relationships, careers, and even their lives. They can help transform people's well-being. They provide a powerful learning opportunity facilitated by dialogue. Happier, more balanced, and fulfilled individuals thrive within the family, workplace, and as members of society.
Coaching offers individuals and teams support to understand their circumstances, overcome their problems, and progress toward their goals and dreams. Coaching must be approached with professionalism to ensure appropriate coaching skills for the job.
This course is designed to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to coach someone. You will learn different types of coaching styles that help you to adapt to different situations. You will also be provided examples of how one can resolve certain obstacles when it comes to coaching.
Once you have a better understanding of the available coaching styles, you will be guided through the coaching process. Upon completing both the course and the activities, you would have developed better people, communication and listening skills required to influence your learners.
In this course,
01. Understand what it means to Coach Effectively
This course offers you the opportunity to learn how to navigate as a coach in a changing landscape. You'll be able to harness the collective intelligence of your team to motivate and develop others and understand your role as a coach in today's environment.
02. Learn the common Barriers to Coaching
Learn to identify the common barriers that coaches face and, importantly, understand how they can impact the process of effective coaching.
03. Identify and apply the various Styles of Coaching
Explore coaching models you can implement within your team, and you'll discover how you can develop and support your team using coaching. Examine the different styles of the coaching model and learn to apply these techniques in your role, helping your team members reach their full potential and making team meetings more productive.
What is going to be covered
· Identify the Goal of Effective Coaching
· Understanding what it means to be a Coach
· Learn the Barriers to Effective Coaching
· Understand the Information-Energy Coaching Matrix
· Differentiate the 4 Styles of Coaching
· Apply the 4-Step Coaching Framework
· (Slide) Courseware – How to Coach
· (Excel) Worksheet – How to Coach – Activity 1: Knowing your Team
· (Excel) Worksheet – How to Coach – Activity 2: Identify Directive Coaching Style
· (Excel) Worksheet – How to Coach – Activity 3: Review the Personnel and their Coaching Style
· Managers who wish to improve their coaching skills
· Business owners or entrepreneurs who wish to obtain more insights on coaching
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
1. Understand the various aspects of effective coaching
2. Identify the common barriers that coaches face
3. Learn the different types of coaching styles
4. Apply our step-by-step framework to coach effectively.
There are a total of 17 videos divided into four sections in this course:
· Lecture 1: Introduction to the course
· Lecture 2: Introduction of coaching
· Lecture 3: Types of coaching
· Lecture 4: Steps for coaching
You will be able to access the following materials in this course:
· Course Slide Deck (PDF)
· Activity Template (Excel)
Understand the differences between coaching in the past and coaching in today’s era.
A template that helps you know your team members better using an assessment framework.
Identify coaching barriers that often lead to poor delivery of messages.
Learn and understand the four different types of coaching styles to adapt to different situations.
Directive coaching is a very straightforward coaching style in which the coach instructs and mentors their learners directly in the hope that they can copy and implement it. This video highlights the pros and cons of using this approach.
This activity helps you to identify the potential gaps as well as the benefits that you will have while adopting a directive coaching style.
Does transferring all the decision-making power to your learners make things more efficient? Learn the benefits and pitfalls of laissez-faire coaching.
Learn how to question more than providing information to get what you want. It works like a compass but without exactly telling your learners where exactly they should go.
Be more aware of your own behaviour as well as the behaviour of the person receiving the coaching.
This activity helps you to review your coaching style on different types of people. It will also help you to identify which coaching style best fits to be adopted for different people in different situations.
A step-by-step guide on coaching to improve performance.
Learn how to assess different situations and adopt suitable styles of coaching.
Learn how to be a good listener during a coaching session.
Asking open-ended questions helps to create effective coaching.
Learn the power of non-directive coaching.